Peter Quillin vs. Brad Austin
2006-09-20 : Peter Quillin 163 lbs beat Brad Austin 160 lbs by TKO at 2:05 in round 2 of 6
- Location: Hammerstein Ballroom, New York, New York, USA
- Referee: Tony Chiarantano
- Judge: Glenn Feldman
- Judge: Kevin Morgan
- Judge: Tony Paolillo
- Ring Announcer: Joe Antonacci
- Aired On: Fox Sports Net "Broadway Boxing"
- Promoter: DiBella Entertainment
- Peter Quillin 6-0 (5 KOs) vs. Brad Austin 8-1 (5 KOs)
- It was the first knockout loss of Austin's professional career and began for him a ten-fight losing streak.
A short left hook at 1:49 of the opening round hurt Austin, who tied up his opponent to gather himself. Both men landed some clean power shots in the final thirty seconds of the round. Quillin worked Austin over a bit early in Round 2 and stung him with a wild left hand to the jaw midway through the round. A big left hand at 1:42 rocked Austin and appeared to cause his right glove to touch the mat, but no knockdown was immediately ruled. A followup right hand sent Austin down to knees, then face first to the mat. He was up at the count of six and received a long look from the referee before being allowed to continue. Quillin came forward and landed a pair of shots that immediately caused the referee to step in and wave an end to the bout, to Austin's disapproval.