Peter Quillin vs. Ronald Wright
2012-06-02 : Ronald Wright 159 lbs lost to Peter Quillin 159½ lbs by UD in round 10 of 10
- Location: Home Depot Center, Carson, California, USA
- Referee: Zac Young
- Judge: Gwen Adair 91-98
- Judge: Alejandro Rochin 91-98
- Judge: Marty Denkin 92-97
- Aired On: Showtime Championship Boxing
- Peter Quillin 26-0 (20 KOs) vs. Ronald Wright 51-5-1 (25 KOs)
- The fight was on the undercard of Antonio Tarver vs. Lateef Kayode.
- Wright entered as a 5-1 betting underdog.
- The Associated Press reported: "Quillin's speed and power caused enormous problems for Wright, knocking him down in the fifth round and leading to a prolonged battering in the eighth. Wright engaged with Quillin for all 10 rounds, a change from the defense-first style he has used for most of his career. . . . Wright had fought just once since losing to Bernard Hopkins in July 2007, losing a one-sided decision to Paul Williams in April 2009. Wright claimed he couldn't find any fights that intrigued him, even with his 40th birthday looming last November. . . . Quillin was highly watchable in the biggest victory of his career, consistently breaking through Wright's defense with combinations and big shots. The fight was a step up in competition for Quillin, whose style could attract bigger fights with bigger names."
- Wright retired two days after the fight. "I'm gonna call it a day," he said. "I'm gonna chill out and play golf and live life."