Peter Schmidt vs. Len Sparks
1965-10-17 : Len Sparks 146½ lbs beat Peter Schmidt 145¾ lbs by KO at 2:45 in round 5 of 12
- Location: Lord Beaverbrook Rink, Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
- Canadian Welterweight Title (1st defense of Schmidt)
- Time: 2:45
- Attendance: 2,000
- Gate: $4,200
- Schmidt indicated after the fight that he had strained in left hand in round 3.
- On even terms through 4 rounds, the fight took a sudden shift in round 5. With Schmidt against the ropes, Sparks unleashed 6 consecutive left hands that sent Schmidt to one knee where he remained for the full ten-count.
- Sparks had predicted that he would knock out Schmidt in less than 9 rounds.
Schmidt vs. Savoie II
| Canadian Welterweight Title Fight
Sparks vs. Simard