Phillip Payne vs. Daniel Ponce de Leon
2005-06-24 : Daniel Ponce De Leon 122 lbs beat Phillip Payne 122 lbs by TKO at 0:57 in round 7 of 12
- Location: Show Palace, Oceanside, California, USA
- Referee: Tony Crebs
- Judge: James Jen-Kin
- Judge: Alejandro Rochin
- Judge: Fritz Werner
- NABO Super Bantamweight Title (Vacant Title)
- Time: 0:57
- Ponce de Leon lost a point for low blows in round five.
- Payne was knocked down twice in round one, once in round three, and once in round seven. Payne attempted to rise following the final knockdown, but referee Tony Crebs stopped the fight before he could do so.
- This was Payne's fourteenth career loss, but only his first inside the distance.
- Ponce de Leon had initially won the NABO title in October 2004 against Emmanuel Lucero, and subsequently defended his title in November 2004 against Julio Gamboa. He was stripped of the title when he faced Celestino Caballero in an IBF eliminator fight in February 2005. With this win, he recaptured the title.
Ponce de Leon vs. Gamboa
| NABO Super Bantamweight Title Fight
Luevano vs. Estanislao