Pongsaklek Wonjongkam vs. Julio Cesar Miranda
2009-04-24 : Pongsaklek Wonjongkam 112 lbs beat Julio Cesar Miranda 111 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Chachoengsao, Thailand
- Referee: Yuji Fukuchi
- Judge: Rey Danseco 117-111
- Judge: James Jen-Kin 118-109
- Judge: Brian McMahon 119-110
- Pongsaklek Wonjongkam 71-3-1 (38 KOs) vs. Julio Cesar Miranda 29-3-1 (22 KOs)
- Wonjongkam came in ranked as the # 3 flyweight in the world by The Ring Magazine. Miranda was ranked #9 by the same publication.
- Fight was for the interim WBC Flyweight Title.
- It was the first professional bout for Miranda outside his native Mexico.
- In Round 3, Miranda suffered a cut from a clash of heads. The wound was to the outside of his eye and although there was an occasional trickle of blood, it was insignificant. What bothered Miranda most in the bout was the intense Bangkok heat.
- For Miranda, it was his first lost since 2004.