Long Island, NY, USA
- 29-49 Northern Boulevard, Long Island City, Queens, near the Queensboro Bridge Plaza
- Capacity: 4,000 (outdoor venue)
- Existed from 1911 thru the 1940s; demolished March 1950.
- Built on the site of Schalenberg’s Park, a picnic ground, the old dance hall became a moving picture theatre, and in 1911, a fight arena. Old timers would talk of watching fights on the Ditmars bound el as it slowly made its turn onto Northern Blvd. Kids climbing the elevated structure to watch fights for free were a constant problem. Its inaugural outdoor professional boxing season started in 1921.
- Matchmaker: Tom McArdle, in the 1920s