Quentin (Baby) Breese
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
Name: Quentin Breese
Alias: Baby Breese
Birthplace: Leonardsville, Kansas, USA
Died: 1962-08-21 (Age:44)
Nationality: US American
Hometown: Manhattan, Kansas, USA
Height: 5′ 7″ / 170cm
Boxing Record: click
- Quentin (Baby) Breese was the brother to fellow boxer Reuben (Bus) Breese.
- He started his ring career in 1930 and went on to compete in the National Golden Gloves Championship while a high school senior in 1936, giving him a total of 40 amateur bouts.
- Turned professional in 1936 concluding his career in 1948 with a total of 122 fights.
- Was officially ranked as one of the first ten light weights in the world and losing only 15 of 100 fights in his career.
- Claimed lightweight champion of Wisconsin and Kansas.
- He also worked in Hollywood on boxing films, the most notable with James Cagney.
- IMDB Breese page