Rafael Marquez vs. Eduardo Becerril
2011-07-16 : Rafael Marquez 126½ lbs beat Eduardo Becerril 126½ lbs by RTD at 0:10 in round 6 of 10
- Location: Plaza de Toros, Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
- Referee: Manolo Alcocer
- Judge: Luis Fitch 50-44
- Judge: Isaac Barrios 49-45
- Judge: Marco Antonio Sandoval 48-46
- Rafael Marquez 39-6 (35 KOs) vs. Eduardo Becerril 12-7-2 (4 KOs)
- Fight was on the undercard of Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Likar Ramos.
- Becerril was a late replacement for Eusebio Osejo.
- Marquez entered ranked as the # 7 featherweight in the world despite a record of 2-3 in his previous five. He was coming off an 8th Round loss to Juan Manuel Lopez in which he was unable to continue citing a shoulder injury. Becerril was 2-5 in his previous seven dating back to July of 2009. 
Clearly in a class above Becerril, Marquez cruised through the first two rounds, walking his opponent down and and throwing powerful and accurate combinations. By the end of Round 1, some swelling began to appear below the right eye of Becerril. Marquez punished his opponent in Round 2 with numerous left hooks. A left hook sent Becerril stumbling backward and down midway through Round 4. The fight came to an end between Rounds 5 and 6 at the request of Becerril's corner.