Rafael Marquez vs. Silence Mabuza (2nd meeting)
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
2006-08-05 : Rafael Marquez 118 lbs beat Silence Mabuza 117½ lbs by RTD at 3:00 in round 9 of 12
- Location: MontBleu Resort & Casino, Stateline, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Tony Weeks
- Judge: Adalaide Byrd 88-83
- Judge: Glenn Feldman 88-83
- Judge: Burt A. Clements 87-83
- International Boxing Federation Bantamweight Title (Marquez's 7th defense)
- International Boxing Organization Bantamweight Title (Marquez's 1st defense)
- Time: 3:00
- Weights: Marquez 118 lbs, Mabuza 117.5 lbs
- Marquez successfully defended his IBF title for the sevebth time after Mabuza's corner decided to stop the fight after the ninth round.
- Marquez scored a disallowed knockdown in round 2 from a low blow. Mabuza rested 40 seconds. Mabuza suffered a nose bleed from round three, a cut beside the right eye, and two parallel, horizontal cuts on the left cheek in round 8. Marquez had a right eye puff from round four. Marquez worked over his opponent in the last two rounds.