From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
- Born,Oslo 28/11 1911, Died,Oslo 8/10 1964
- Club: Sportsklubben 1909,Oslo
- Nickname: Sambo
- National Champion 1928 (Flyweight,juniors) 1934 (Lightweight,Seniors)
- On the National Team 8 times (1933-1938, 2 wins, 6 losses).
- Partook in the 1936 Berlin Olympics,lightweight, lost on points to Denmark's Poul Kops in 1st fight.
- Oslo Champion 1929 (Flyweight,juniors) 1930 (Featherweight,Seniors)
- After 1945 Ragnar Haugen became a sucessful trainer in his old club Sportsklubben 1909 at Oslo's East Side. He produced amateur stars and later pros like Leif Hansen, Roy Askvold and Thor Erik Hognro.