Renan St-Juste vs. Roberto Hernan Reuque
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
2009-03-13 : Renan St Juste 159½ lbs beat Roberto Hernan Reuque 159¼ lbs by KO at 2:27 in round 8 of 10
- Location: Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Referee: Gerry Bolen
- Judge: William Boodhoo
- Judge: Richard DeCarufel
- Judge: Dale Suddaby
- WBC Continental Americas Middleweight Title (2nd defense of St-Juste)
- NABA Middleweight Title (Vacant title)
- Time: 2:27
- Attendance: 12,153
- NABA title had been stripped from Dionisio Miranda on February 15, 2009.
- After being wobbled in rounds 3 and 4, Reuque is down for the first time in round 5 as a result of a left hand to the ear.
- In round 8, St-Juste lies on the ropes and waits for Reuque to attack in the hope of landing a big counterpunch. The strategy works perfectly as Reuque walks in to a big left hand that sends him heavily to the canvas. He rises at the count of 8, but is on unsteady legs and the referee stops the bout.
Demers vs. Miranda
| NABA Middleweight Title Fight
St-Juste vs. Miranda