Ricardo Lopez vs. Rocky Lin
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
1992-10-11 : Ricardo Lopez 104¼ lbs beat Rocky Lin 104¾ lbs by KO at 1:46 in round 2 of 12
- Location: Korakuen Hall, Tokyo, Japan
- Referee: Marty Denkin
- Judge: Dalby Shirley 9-10
- Judge: Rudy Ortega 10-9
- Judge: Barbara Perez 10-9
- World Boxing Council Minimumweight Title (5th defense by Lopez)
- Ricardo Lopez (31-0) 22 KOs vs. Rocky Lin (14-0) 3 KOs
- The fight saw Lopez return to Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, the site where two years earlier he won his first world title against Hideyuki Ohashi.
- A left hook at 0:48 of Round 2 sent Lin falling back and nearly down. It appeared that his gloves may touch the mat, but he was able to gather himself enough to avoid the knockdown.
- At 1:42 of Round 2 a lunging left hand sent Lin straight down, flat on his back and completely out. The referee ran over and without beginning a count, removed Lin's mouthpiece and began motioning for the ringside physician. Soon after, Lin was able to be roused and sat on the apron clearly dazed as the physicians attended to him.