Ricardo Lopez vs. Saman Sorjaturong
1993-07-03 : Ricardo Lopez 104 lbs beat Saman Sorjaturong 105 lbs by TKO at 2:45 in round 2 of 12
- Location: Parc de Beisbol La Junta, Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, Mexico
- Referee: Vince Delgado
- Judge: David Harris 10-8
- Judge: Jerry McKenzie 10-8
- Judge: Laurence Cole 10-8
- World Boxing Council Minimumweight Title (7th defense by Lopez)
- Ricardo Lopez (33-0) 24 KOs vs. Saman Sorjaturong (15-1-1) 13 KOs
- This was the first fight in Sorjaturong's professional career outside his native Thailand. He came in just 1-1-1 in his last three bouts having drawn with Roberto Padilla, lost on points to the unheralded Aswin Sithlakmuang and defeated Sithlakmuang via 8th Round knockout in a rematch.
- A jab, straight right combination sent Sorjaturong down at 2:46 of Round 1. He was up quickly and fell against the ropes before gathering himself and receiving a mandatory eight-count.
- A flurry put Sorjaturong down for the second time at 1:30 of Round 2. He was up at the count of four and again received a mandatory eight-count.
- Sorjaturong went down for the final time at 2:42 of Round 2 from a left uppercut. Despite Sorjaturong making it to his feet quickly, the referee, without beginning a count, immediately waved an end to the bout.
- It was the first knockout loss of Sorjaturong's professional career. Two years later, he would become a world champion at light flyweight after defeating IBHOF member Humberto Gonzalez via a 7th Round stoppage.