Richie Howard vs. Armand Savoie (2nd meeting)
1954-09-28 : Richie Howard 134½ lbs beat Armand Savoie 135 lbs by SD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Canadian Lightweight Title (Vacant Title)
- Title had been stripped from Arthur King when he refused to defend the crown.
- According to the Associated Press: "Howard, 134½ pounds, of Halifax won the Canadian championship title via split decision over Armand Savoie, 134. Howard scored an upset victory over the Montrealer, who was out to regain the title he had once held and lost to Arthur King of Toronto. [...] Savoie, a strong, sharp jabber, carried the fight to Howard, who won the judges' verdict with his furious barrages and counter-punching".
- Savoie was a 5-3 favorite coming into this fight.
Savoie vs. King II
| Canadian Lightweight Title Fight
Howard vs. Hayden II