Ricky Burns vs. Yakubu Amidu
2008-11-14 : Ricky Burns 130 lbs beat Yakubu Amidu 129¾ lbs by TKO at 2:57 in round 7 of 12
- Location: Kelvin Hall, Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Referee: Ian John-Lewis
- Judge: John Keane
- Judge: Victor Loughlin
- Judge: Marcus McDonnell
- Commonwealth (British Empire) Super Featherweight Title (1st defense of Burns)
- Time: 2:57
- Weights: Burns 130 lbs, Amidu 129.8 lbs
- An accidental clash of heads in round 1 opened up a cut over Burns' right eye.
- Burns hurt Amidu with a chopping right hand in the 7th, staggering him slightly and causing him to back up several steps on rubbery legs. Burns then landed a right uppercut followed by a hard left hand that caused Amidu to stumble backwards a couple of feet. At this point, referee Ian John-Lewis stepped in and stopped the fight at 2:57 of the round.
Burns vs. Akaba
| Commonwealth Super Featherweight Title Fight
Burns vs. Gomez