Ricky Hatton vs. Vyacheslav Senchenko
2012-11-24 : Ricky Hatton 146½ lbs lost to Vyacheslav Senchenko 146½ lbs by KO at 2:52 in round 9 of 10
- Location: Manchester Arena (formerly M.E.N Arena), Manchester, Lancashire, United Kingdom
- Referee: Victor Loughlin
- Judge: Oliver Brien 77-76
- Judge: Robin Dolpierre 78-74
- Judge: John Keane 77-76
- Promoter: Ricky Hatton (Hatton Promotions)
- Ring Announcer: Michael Buffer
- Aired On: Primetime (UK), Showtime Championship Boxing (USA), Sport 1 (Hungary), Orange Sport (Poland)
In the fourth bout of an eight bout card at Manchester Arena in Manchester, former European, WBA Inter-Continental and WBA World Welterweight champion Vyacheslaw Senchenko of the Ukraine ended the comeback attempt of former WBC, WBU, IBF and IBO World Light Welterweight champion Ricky 'Hitman' Hatton of Manchester with a ninth round knockout. Senchenko, who lost his WBA world title to Paul Malignaggi on cuts in April 2012, and Hatton, whose last win was a stoppage of Paul Malignaggi in 2008, appeared evenly matched. Hatton appeared to win the first three rounds on aggression, moving forward, applying pressure and landing power shots. Senchenko, with a cut under his right eye later in the bout, maintained a tight defense, and began to use his reach advantage to land jabs and then move away, winning rounds. Hatton, wild and rusty, and lacking head movement, missed too often. A left hand body shot by Senchenko sent Hatton, a veteran of 25 world title bouts, to his knees late in the ninth, where he was counted out on his right knee by referee Victor Loughlin at 2:52. Senchenko rose to 33-1 with 22 knockouts. Hatton fell to 45-3 with 12 knockouts. Brief break in the action midway in the ninth due to loose hand tape on Hatton's glove after both fighters wrestled to the canvas. "A body shot. Can he get up from that? He's gotta get up.......he's knocked out! Ricky Hatton is knocked out! And the comeback ends in sadness, and woe and misery. And this arena is absolutely stunned!" TV commentator. Hatton announced his retirement after the bout. Paul Malignaggi provided commentary for UK Primetime .
- First loss for Hatton in the United Kingdom since he won his professional debut against Colin McCauley by first round stoppage in November 1997.
- Hatton stated after the bout he was happy, had no more personal turmoil. and was retiring for good to become "The best father to my kids, the best trainer and the best promoter".
- ESPN Dan Rafael present Ricky Hatton versus Vyacheslav Senchenko preview  (public domain excerpt)
- 38 minute audio preview of Hatton-Senchenko including Paul Malignaggi and Ray Leonard on YouTube (audio only) 
- Ricky Hatton vs Vyacheslaw Senchenko press conference at Manchester Town Hall, by iFIlmLondon Productions on YouTube, public domain 
- Ricky Hatton vs Vyacheslav Senchenko official weigh-in at Manchester Arena, by IFilm Productions on YouTube, public domain 
- Ricky Hatton, post press conference interview, "I've always loved a challenge, I've always wanted to come back and win a world title." iFIlmLondon