Riddick Bowe vs. Andrew Golota (2nd meeting)
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
1996-12-14 : Riddick Bowe 235 lbs beat Andrew Golota 239 lbs by DQ at 2:58 in round 9 of 10
- Location: Convention Center, Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA
- Referee: Eddie Cotton
- Judge: Steve Weisfeld 71-75
- Judge: Shafeeq Rashada 73-75
- Judge: Al DeVito 72-74
- Bowe was down once in each of rounds two and five, Golota was down once in the fourth round.
- Golota was deducted a point in the second round for a butt which caused a cut below his own left eyelid.
- Golota was deducted another point for repeated low blows in the fourth round.
- Later, Golota suffered damage to the left of his mouth.
- Golota, while ahead on all three scorecards, was disqualified after dropping Bowe with three low blows, bringing the DQ at 2:58 of round nine.
- Golota lost to Bowe on DQs in two consecutive bouts.
- After this bout, Bowe was inactive for nearly eight years, coming back in September 2004.