Riddick Bowe vs. Jesse Ferguson
1993-05-22 : Riddick Bowe 244 lbs beat Jesse Ferguson 224 lbs by KO at 0:17 in round 2 of 12
- Location: RFK Stadium, Washington, District of Columbia, USA
- Referee: Larry Hazzard
- Judge: Jean Williams 10-8
- Judge: Patricia Morse Jarman 10-8
- Judge: Sheila Harmon 10-8
- World Boxing Association Heavyweight Title (2nd defense by Bowe)
- On the undercard of Riddick Bowe vs. Michael Dokes, Ferguson fought Ray Mercer in what was supposed to be a tuneup for Mercer before challenging Bowe for the title. Ferguson upset Mercer and got the title shot against Bowe.
- Bowe's purse was $7 million and Ferguson's was $500,000.
- The IBF refused to sanction the fight because they didn't consider Ferguson to be a worthy challenger.
- The fight aired on HBO.
- There was a crowd of about 8,000.
- As the first round drew to a close, Bowe dropped Ferguson with a left hook. Ferguson struggled up at the referee's count of nine, and the round was over.
- Ferguson came out for the second round and was met by a six-punch barrage that dropped him face down. The referee began to count and then signaled the fight was over with the round only 17 seconds old.
- Bowe landed 65 of 94 punches, while Ferguson landed 19 of 43.