From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
1993-02-06 : Riddick Bowe 243 lbs beat Michael Dokes 244 lbs by TKO at 2:19 in round 1 of 12
- Bowe was a 20-1 favorite.
- Bowe made $7 million and Dokes got $1 million.
- A crowd 16,332 produced a gate of $1,603,425.
- Bowe dropped Dokes halfway through the first round with a barrage of punches. Dokes fell against the ropes, which held him up and the referee ruled it a knockdown. After taking the mandatory eight count, Dokes was battered by Bowe until the fight was stopped by the referee, who later said. "I looked into his eyes and he was gone. His eyes were glassy. He was falling all over the place."
- Dokes landed just 12 punches ans Bowe landed 55.