Riddick Bowe vs. Michael Dokes
1993-02-06 : Riddick Bowe 243 lbs beat Michael Dokes 244 lbs by TKO at 2:19 in round 1 of 12
- Location: Madison Square Garden, New York, New York, USA
- Referee: Joe Santarpia
- Judge: Don Ackerman
- Judge: Luis Rivera
- Judge: Sheila Harmon
- World Boxing Association Heavyweight Title (Bowe's 1st defense)
- International Boxing Federation Heavyweight Title (Bowe's 1st defense)
- Bowe was a 20-1 favorite.
- Bowe made $7 million and Dokes got $1 million.
- A crowd 16,332 produced a gate of $1,603,425.
- Bowe dropped Dokes halfway through the first round with a barrage of punches. Dokes fell against the ropes, which held him up and the referee ruled it a knockdown. After taking the mandatory eight count, Dokes was battered by Bowe until the fight was stopped by the referee, who later said. "I looked into his eyes and he was gone. His eyes were glassy. He was falling all over the place."
- Bowe landed 55 punches, while Dokes landed just 12.