Ring Magazine's Boxing Hall of Fame - Alpha

From BoxRec
Jump to: navigation, search
October 1954 cover

The Ring magazine established its own Boxing Hall of Fame in 1954 and inducted 168 members (plus eleven others for Meritorious Service) before it was abandoned after the 1988 inductions.

Since 1989, 147 members of the old Ring Hall of Fame have been elected to the International Boxing Hall of Fame in Canastota, New York. The 21 members (plus one other for Meritorious Service) who have yet to be elected to the IBHOF are noted with an asterisk.

The inductees and the categories in which they were inducted are:

Elected by Modern Writers and Broadcasters (59)

Elected by Old-Timers Committee (73)

Pioneer Group - Elected by Directors (36)

Meritorious Service to Boxing Group (11)