Roberto Vasquez vs. Takefumi Sakata (1st meeting)
2006-12-02 : Roberto Vasquez 111¾ lbs beat Takefumi Sakata 110¾ lbs by SD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Palais Omnisports Paris Bercy, Paris, Paris, France
- Referee: Jean-Louis Legland
- Judge: Jean-Francois Toupin 114-113
- Judge: Giuseppe Quartarone 115-113
- Judge: Erkki Meronen 113-114
- Interim WBA Light Flyweight Title
- Weights: Vasquez 111¾; Sakata 110¾
Vasquez becomes the Interim champion with the split decision. Sakata was down in the 5th round from a straight left to the head.
Fight was for the Interim title because the reigning champ, Lorenzo Parra, had been unable to defend due to a severe leg injury suffered during training.