From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
- 2006 sequel in the Rocky movie series, starring writer and director Sylvester Stallone as Rocky Balboa.
- Plot: ESPN broadcasts a computer-simulated bout between Rocky Balboa and the current World Heavyweight Champion, which is likened to the famous 1970 Muhammad Ali vs. Rocky Marciano computer bout - see The Super Fight - Ali vs. Marciano. The computer fight inspires Rocky to come out of retirement and step into the ring for the last time and face the World Heavyweight Champion, Mason "The Line" Dixon.
- The movie Rocky Balboa was inspired by boxers who fought at an advanced age, such as:
- 1970s heavyweight boxer Pedro Lovell returned to play the role of Spider Rico in Rocky Balboa. Lovell played boxer Spider Rico in the first Rocky and appeared again in Rocky Balboa as Rocky's spiritual adviser.
- Grossed over $70 million in the U.S. and $155 million worldwide.
- IMDb link
- 14 Best Boxing Movies (From the Art of Manliness)
- MGM's Official Site for Rocky Balboa
Boxing-Related Cast Members:
- Michael Buffer (as himself)
- Tony Burton (Duke)
- Joe Cortez (as himself)
- Lou DiBella (as himself)
- Max Kellerman (as himself)
- Jim Lampley (as himself)
- Pedro Lovell (Spider Rico)
- Larry Merchant (as himself)
- Marc Ratner (weigh-in official)
- Bert Sugar (as himself)
- Antonio Tarver (Mason "The Line" Dixon)
- Mike Tyson (as himself)