Rocky Marciano vs. Joe Louis
1951-10-26 : Joe Louis 213¾ lbs lost to Rocky Marciano 184 lbs by TKO in round 8 of 10
- Location: Madison Square Garden, New York, New York, USA
- Referee: Ruby Goldstein 2-4
- Judge: Joe Agnello 2-5
- Judge: Harold Barnes 3-4
- A crowd of 17,241 produced a gross gate of $152,845. Another $185,000 came from the sale of radio and TV rights.
- Louis received a purse of $132,000, and Marciano got $44,000.
- Louis was a 6 to 5 betting favorite.
- Louis was knocked down by a left hook in the eighth round. He got to one knee at the count of three and took an eight-count before getting up. Marciano moved in for the kill and ended the fight with a right that sent Louis through the ropes and onto the ring apron.