Roy Jones Jr. vs. Antoine Byrd
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
1995-03-18 : Roy Jones Jr 167½ lbs beat Antoine Byrd 167½ lbs by TKO at 2:06 in round 1 of 12
- Location: Civic Center, Pensacola, Florida, USA
- Referee: William Conners
- Judge: Paul Herman
- Judge: Sheila Martin
- Judge: Rocky Castellani
- International Boxing Federation Super Middleweight Title (1st defense by Jones)
- Byrd was ranked #1 by the IBF.
- Jones earned $1.5 million and Byrd got $400,000.
- This was Pensacola's first championship fight.
- There was a crowd of 9,000.
- Jones knocked Byrd down in twice.