From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
2004-05-15 : Antonio Tarver 175 lbs beat Roy Jones Jr. 174 lbs by TKO at 1:41 in round 2 of 12
- Jones was a 4-1 favorite.
- Jones made $6 million and Tarver got $2 million.
- There was a crowd of 10,318.
- Jones blamed his subpar performance in the first fight on difficulty making weight. During the prefight instructions at center ring, referee Jay Nady asked if anyone had any questions. Tarver said, "I got a question. You got any excuses tonight, Roy?"
- Jones won the first round on all three official scorecards.
- During an exchange in the second round, Tarver dropped Jones with an overhand left flush on the chin. Jones rose at the count of nine and the referee waved off the fight as Jones stumbled across the ring into the ropes.
- Jones landed 12 of 42 punches and Tarver connected on 7 of 54.
- The fight was named Knockout of the Year by The Ring.
- The fight generated 384,000 pay-per-view buys.