Roy Jones Jr. vs. David Telesco
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
2000-01-15 : Roy Jones Jr 175 lbs beat David Telesco 175 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Radio City Music Hall, New York, New York, USA
- Referee: Arthur Mercante
- Judge: Melvina Lathan 120-108
- Judge: Luis Rivera 120-108
- Judge: Sid Rubenstein 120-106
- WBC Light Heavyweight Title (5th defense by Jones)
- WBA Light Heavyweight Title (4th defense by Jones)
- IBF Light Heavyweight Title (1st defense by Jones)
- This was the first fight card in the 68-year history of Radio City Music Hall.
- There was a sellout crowd of 5,923.
- Jones landed 293 of 493 punches (59%) and Telesco connected on 160 of 412 (39%).
- After the fight, Jones said the reason he didn't score a knockout was "because I fractured my left wrist in a motorcycle accident 3½ weeks ago. Everybody said I should cancel the fight but I said, 'I can't. I've got a big date in New York.' If I had both hands, I would have knocked him out, but I only had one hand."
- The fight ended a little pass midnight on January 16, Jones' 31st birthday.