Roy Jones Jr. vs. Eric Harding
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
2000-09-09 : Roy Jones Jr 173½ lbs beat Eric Harding 173¾ lbs by RTD at 3:00 in round 10 of 12
- Location: New Orleans Arena, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
- Referee: John Femia
- Judge: Dick Flaherty 96-94
- Judge: Barry Orgeron 97-93
- Judge: Kenny Saintes 98-92
- WBC Light Heavyweight Title (7th defense by Jones)
- WBA Light Heavyweight Title (6th defense by Jones)
- IBF Light Heavyweight Title (3rd defense by Jones)
- IBO Light Heavyweight Title (Vacant)
- Jones was a 30-1 favorite.
- Harding was ranked #1 by the IBF.
- There was a crowd of 13,000.
- Jones received between $15 and $17 for each pay-per-view buy, rather than a set purse. Harding earned $600,000.
- According to Gould Media, which tracks figures in the pay-per-view industry, the fight did between 125,000 and 140,000 buys.
- Harding tore his left bicep while throwing a punch in the second round. “I tried to hit him with an overhand left,” Harding said. “He blocked it with a right.” Harding's corner stopped the bout after the tenth round due to the injury.
- Jones landed 101 of 318 punches (32%) and Hall connected on 54 of 408 (13%).