Roy Jones Jr. vs. Eric Lucas
1996-06-15 : Roy Jones Jr. 166 lbs beat Eric Lucas 165¾ lbs by RTD at 3:00 in round 11 of 12
- Location: Coliseum, Jacksonville, Florida, USA
- Referee: Brian Garry
- Judge: Ric Bays 110-99
- Judge: Al Rothenberg 110-99
- Judge: Harry Davis 110-98
- International Boxing Federation Super Middleweight Title (4th defense by Jones)
- Lucas, the future WBC super middleweight champion, was ranked #12 by the IBF.
- Lucas suffered a broken nose and a cut over his right eye.
- Jones won every round but was unable to score a knockdown.
- Jones landed 316 of 746 punches (46%) and Lucas connected on 90 of 306 (29%).
- Referee Brian Garry, on the advice of the ringside physician, stopped the fight after the 11th round.
- Jones said Lucas was "durable and tough" and subsequently asked him to be a sparring partner for future fights.
- About seven hours before the fight, Jones played point guard for the Jacksonville Barracudas of the United States Basketball League.
He played 14 minutes and contributed five points to the Barracudas' 107-94 win against the Treasure Coast Tropics.
- Jones made $1.7 million for the Lucas fight and $300 for the basketball game.