Roy Jones Jr. vs. Glen Kelly
2002-02-02 : Roy Jones Jr 172 lbs beat Glen Kelly 174½ lbs by KO at 1:55 in round 7 of 12
- Location: American Airlines Arena, Miami, Florida, USA
- Referee: Max Parker Jr.
- Judge: Samuel Conde Lopez 60-52
- Judge: Richard Green 60-52
- Judge: Peter Trematerra 60-52
- WBC Light Heavyweight Title (10th defense by Jones)
- WBA Light Heavyweight Title (9th defense by Jones)
- IBF Light Heavyweight Title (6th defense by Jones)
- IBO Light Heavyweight Title (3rd defense by Jones)
- NBA Light Heavyweight Title (2nd defense by Jones)
- IBA Light Heavyweight Title (1st defense by Jones)
- WBF Light Heavyweight Title (1st defense by Jones)
- The Ring Magazine Light Heavyweight Title (1st defense by Jones)
- Kelly was ranked #1 by the IBF.
- Jones earned $1.5 million and Kelly made $512,000.
- Kelly was down once in the third round, once in the sixth and once in the seventh.
- In the seventh round, Jones put both hands behind his back. As Kelly moved in behind a jab, Jones went over the jab with a right to the head. Kelly went down and was counted out.
- Jones landed 124 of 249 punches (50%) and Kelly connected on 42 of 171 (25%).
- Jones had recently been awarded the light heavyweight title of The Ring Magazine. The magazine stopped giving belts to world champions in 1990, but began again in 2002.