Sakio Bika vs. Marco Antonio Periban
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
2013-06-22 : Sakio Bika 167¼ lbs beat Marco Antonio Periban 167¼ lbs by MD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA
- Referee: Harvey Dock
- Judge: Max DeLuca 115-113
- Judge: Julie Lederman 114-114
- Judge: Robin Taylor 116-112
- WBC Super Middleweight Title (vacant)
- Very close bout, with Bika landing and throwing more punches.
- Sakio Bika 31-5-2 (21 KOs) vs. Marco Antonio Periban 20-0 (13 KOs)
- Bika entered as the # 8 super midleweight in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Periban was unranked by the same publication.
- Bika entered as the WBC # 1 super middleweight contender, while Periban entered as the WBC # 4 super middleweight contender.
- The WBC vacated this title after declaring former title holder Andre Ward a 'Champion Emeritus"'.