Salvador Sanchez vs. Danny Lopez (2nd meeting)
1980-06-21 : Salvador Sanchez 126 lbs beat Danny Lopez 126 lbs by TKO at 1:42 in round 14 of 15
- Location: Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Mills Lane
- Judge: Harold Buck 125-122
- Judge: Anselmo Escobedo 127-120
- Judge: Benjamin Gonzalez 129-126
- World Boxing Council Featherweight Title (Sanchez defending)
- Lopez applied constant pressure, never taking a backwards step, attempting to hit Sanchez anywhere he could. However, the slick Sanchez would make Lopez miss, and land counter punches with his quick hands.
- In round 14, Lopez would finally wilt, staggering from a left-right. Sanchez unleashed a series of head snapping shots, forcing referee Mills Lane in to stop the punishment.