Sebastien Gauthier vs. Martin Huppe
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
2009-04-04 : Sebastien Gauthier 132¾ lbs beat Martin Huppe 129½ lbs by TKO at 1:23 in round 4 of 6
- Location: Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Referee: Alain Villeneuve
- Judge: Richard DeCarufel
- Judge: Claude Paquette
- Judge: Benoit Roussel
- Time: 1:23
- Weights: Gauthier 132.8 lbs, Huppé 129.6 lbs
- Attendance: 7,513
- Benoit Gaudet was originally slated to defend his NABA Super Featherweight title on this card. However, Gaudet was offered the opportunity to fight Humberto Soto for the WBC Super Featherweight title on May 2, 2009 a few days before the fight and accepted the offer. Gauthier and Huppé therefore stepped in on less than 48 hours notice.
- Huppé takes a knee late in round 3 after being on the receiving end of 2 straight hooks to the jaw.
- Huppé down again in round 4. After he rises from the knockdown, Gauthier unleashes a barrage of punches that force the referee to stop the fight.