Seth Mitchell vs. Hector Ferreyro
2011-09-16 : Seth Mitchell 242 lbs beat Hector Ferreyro 221½ lbs by TKO at 2:17 in round 3 of 10
- Location: Texas Station Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Robert Byrd
- Judge: C.J. Ross
- Judge: Robert Hoyle
- Judge: Duane Ford
- Aired On: Solo Boxeo (Main Event)
- Seth Mitchell 22-0-1 (16 KOs) vs. Hector Ferreyro 21-10-2 (12 KOs)
- Ferreyro entered with a record of 2-3-1 in his previous six bouts and had been knocked out twice in that span. In his previous bout, he was knocked unconscious in the first round by Amir Mansour.
- At 221.5 lbs, Ferreyro was fighting at his lightest weight in nearly five years.
- It was the eighth knockout loss of Ferreyro's professional career.
Mitchell came out landing at will early. He pumped Ferreyro with his jab and peppered him with power shots to the head and body. Ferreyro moved around the ring and, to his credit, withstood some heavy shots. By the end of the first round, Ferreyro had began to develop some swelling to his right eye. Mitchell continued to dominate the action in Round 2 as Ferreyro, whose right eye had almost completely closed, moved and clinched more beginning to show some wear from the punches taken. Ferreyro stepped up the aggression in the opening minute of Round 3 with some success. Mitchell was warned in the round for a low blow. A big right hand rocked Ferreyro at 1:17. Mitchell came forward and threw a barrage of power shots that caused his opponent to fall against the ropes chest-first with his arms outside the ring. At that, Referee Robert Byrd issued an eight count and allowed action to continue. Mitchell pressed Ferreyro back into a corner and landed shots to the body and head. With Ferreyro taking punches and giving nothing in return, Byrd waved an end to the bout.