Shannon Briggs vs. Sultan Ibragimov
2007-06-02 : Shannon Briggs 273 lbs lost to Sultan Ibragimov 221 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA
- Referee: Eddie Cotton
- Judge: Don Trella 111-117
- Judge: Lynne Carter 109-119
- Judge: Luis Rivera 113-115
- World Boxing Organization Heavyweight Title (1st defense of Briggs)
- Shannon Briggs 48-4-1 (42 KOs) vs. Sultan Ibragimov 20-0-1 (17 KOs)
- The fight, originally scheduled for March 10th, was postponed as Briggs fell ill with pneumonia.
- At 273 pounds, Briggs was as heavy as he had been in his career. Too, he was the heaviest opponent of Ibragimov's career, outweighing the Russian by 52 pounds.
- Briggs entered having won 12 consecutive bouts dating back over 5 years, when he was defeated by Jameel McCline..
- Briggs announced his retirement immediately following the bout.
Lyakhovich vs. Briggs
| WBO Heavyweight Title Fight
Ibragimov vs. Holyfield