Shea Neary vs. Micky Ward
2000-03-11 : Shea Neary 139 lbs lost to Micky Ward 140 lbs by TKO at 2:55 in round 8 of 12
- Location: Olympia, Kensington, London, United Kingdom
- Referee: Mickey Vann
- Judge: Reg Thompson
- Judge: Steve Weisfeld
- Judge: Arno Pokrandt
- World Boxing Union light welterweight title
- Both fighters traded on the inside in the centre of the ring. Neary used a more conventional attack behind his jab while Ward looked to land power shots.
- Neary was hurt by a body shot in round 1.
- Ward was hurt by a right hand on the temple in round 3.
- Neary was hurt by a body shot in round 4.
- In round 8, a hook to the body followed by a right uppercut put Neary down. Neary made it up, but an identical combination put Neary down again - prompting the referee's stoppage.