Somluck Kamsing (sometimes Somrak Khamsing, born January 16, 1973) is a Thai boxer. At the 1996 Summer Olympics he won a gold medal in the men's Featherweight category, becoming the first Thai athlete to win a gold medal at the Olympics. He also competed at the 1992, 2000, and 2004 Summer Olympics without winning any medals.
He has later played athletic roles in Thai movies, notably Kerd ma lui.
He appeared in Fearless with Jet Li, although his scene was cut from the international release of the film. However, a special version was shown in cinemas in Thailand in March 2006, in which his scene was restored. He portrayed a boxer who challenges Jet Li's character.
He also made his debut as a singer in 2006, performing at the Pattaya Music Festival and releasing an album and a music video (featuring fellow boxer Khaosai Galaxy as a shy man being approached by a young woman).
1992 (competing as a featherweight)
1996 (competing as a featherweight)
- Defeated Luis Seda (Puerto Rico) 13-2
- Defeated Phillip N'dou (South Africa) 12-7
- Defeated Ramaz Paliani (Russia) 13-4
- Defeated Julio Pablo Chacon (Argentina) 20-8
- Defeated Serafim Todorov (Bulgaria) 8-5
2000 (competing as a featherweight)
- Defeated Andres Ledesma (Colombia) RSC 4
- Defeated Tulkunbay Turgunov (Uzbekistan) 7-2
- Lost to Rocky Juarez (United States) RSC 4
2004 (competing as a featherweight)
- Lost to Benoit Gaudet (Canada) 17-32
- This article borrows from Kamsing's entry on Wikipedia: