Sonny Liston vs. Leotis Martin
1969-12-06 : Sonny Liston 219½ lbs lost to Leotis Martin 199 lbs by KO at 1:08 in round 9 of 12
- Location: International Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Mike Kaplan
- Judge: Mike Petrovich 37-34
- Judge: Art Lurie 38-36
- Judge: Ralph Mosa 38-35
- NABF Heavyweight Title (Vacant title)
- Inaugural NABF title fight.
- Martin was ranked third by the WBA, and Liston was ranked fifth.
- Liston was a 13-5 favorite.
- Since losing to Muhammad Ali in 1965, Liston had won 14 consecutive fights, 13 by knockout.
- Introduced from the ring prior to this bout were Freddie Little, Ernie Lopez and Doyle Baird.
- Liston knocked Martin on the seat of his trunks at 2:11 of the fourth round with a left hook to the jaw. He was up quickly and didn't appear badly hurt.
- Martin, behind on points, knocked out Liston at 1:08 of the ninth round. He hurt Liston with a vicious right and followed up with a left hook and another right. Liston went down flat on his face and was counted out.
- This was Martin's last fight. He was forced to retire due to a detached retina he suffered in this bout.
| NABF Heavyweight Title Fight
Ali vs. Bonavena