Stephane Ouellet vs. Dave Hilton (1st meeting)
1998-11-27 : Stephane Ouellet 159 lbs lost to Dave Hilton 157¾ lbs by TKO at 2:42 in round 12 of 12
- Location: Molson Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Referee: Denis Langlois
- Judge: Andre Bidegare
- Judge: Sylvain Leblanc
- Judge: Emilien Nadeau
- Canadian Boxing Federation Middleweight Title (1st defense of Ouellet)
- Time: 2:42
- Weights: Ouellet 157.7 lbs, Hilton 159 lbs
- Fight Aired on: ESPN2
- The bout drew 15 thousand enthusiastic fans to the Molson Center.
- Quellet seemed to dominate the bout although he bled profusely from the nose after round seven, and showed puffs around the eyes.
- ESPN announcer Teddy Atlas scored it 8 to 1, 1 even, for Quellet through round ten.
- Ouellet got caught in a corner in round 12, and Hilton unleashed a flurry of punches. Ouellet was dangling between the second and third ropes, seemingly hurt. The referee jumped in to stop the fight with less than 20 senconds remaining, at the outrage of Ouellet's cornermen.
- ESPN reported the blows through 11 rounds as: Quellet 252/697 36%; Hilton 173/326 53%.
- At the time of this fight, Ouellet was ranked #1 by the WBC at middleweight.
Ouellet vs. Hilton
| Canadian Middleweight Title Fight
Ouellet vs. Hilton Jr. II