Steve Molitor vs. Ceferino Dario Labarda
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
2008-08-29 : Steve Molitor 121½ lbs beat Ceferino Dario Labarda 121¼ lbs by TKO at 2:34 in round 10 of 12
- Location: Casino Rama, Rama, Ontario, Canada
- Referee: Charlie Fitch
- Judge: Alan Davis
- Judge: Mike Fitzgerald
- Judge: Larry Hazzard Jr.
- IBF Super Bantamweight Title (5th defense of Molitor)
- Time: 2:34
- Weights: Molitor 121.4 lbs, Labarda 121.2 lbs
- Fight aired on: TSN
- An accidential clash of heads opened up a gash over Labarda's right eye in round 7.
- Labarda down during the last minute of round 9, as a result of a left-right-right combination to the head. Molitor attempts to end the fight when Labarda rises from the canvas, but runs out of time as the bell rings to end the round.
- Molitor wobbles Labarda badly in the 10th round with a straight left hand, and continues landing heavy shots until the referee jumps in and calls a halt to the fight.