Steve Molitor vs. Scotty Olson
2002-02-15 : Steve Molitor 121 lbs beat Scotty Olson 120 lbs by TKO in round 5 of 12
- Location: Shaw Conference Centre, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Referee: Len Koivisto
- Judge: Ken Rudd
- Judge: William Warwick
- Judge: Gary Hart
- Vacant Canadian Super Bantamweight Title
- Weights: Molitor 121 lbs, Olson 120 lbs
- Molitor used distance and reach to control the shorter Olson. Olson tried to time his punches.
- Olson was staggered in round 1 by a right hook on top of his head.
- Olson went down in round 2 by a right hook on the top of his head.
- At the end of round 3, Molitor landed two lefts, which crumpled Olson, and Molitor added another left while Olson was on his way down.
- In round 5, Olson ran right into a left uppercut and went down. Later that round, Olson went down for the fourth and final time from a left on the top of his head. Olson got up but the fight was stopped by the referee.
- Molitor becomes the first holder of the Canadian Super Bantamweight title.
- Molitor would never defend his title.
| Canadian Super Bantamweight Title Fight
Hayward vs. Rose