Steve Robinson vs. John Davison
1993-04-17 : Steve Robinson 125½ lbs beat John Davison 124¾ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Northumbria Centre, Washington, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
- Referee: William Conners
- Judge: Al Wilensky 115-114
- Judge: Samuel Conde Lopez 115-114
- Judge: Knud Jensen 116-114
- World Boxing Organization Featherweight Title (Vacant title)
- Weights: Robinson 125.5 lbs, Davison 124.75 lbs
- Robinson, considered just a journeyman, accepted the fight at 48 hours' notice after champion Ruben Dario Palacios, due to defend against Davison, failed an AIDS test.
- The WBO controversially sanctioned the contest for their vacant title and the rest, as they say, is history.