Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Andy Price
1979-09-28 : Sugar Ray Leonard 146 lbs beat Andy Price 147 lbs by KO at 2:52 in round 1 of 12
- Location: Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Harold Krause
- Judge: Dalby Shirley
- Judge: Joe Swessel
- Judge: Chuck Minker
- The fight was televised live in prime time on ABC.
- The fight took place at the Caesars Palace Sports Pavilion.
- The card also included WBC Heavyweight Champion Larry Holmes vs. Earnie Shavers, Roberto Duran vs. Zeferino Gonzalez, WBC Super Bantamweight Champion Wilfredo Gomez vs. Carlos Mendoza, and Michael Dokes vs. Jimmy Young.
- Singer Marvin Gaye owned one-third of Price's managerial contract and was ringside for the fight. He also sang the U.S. national anthem before the main event between Holmes and Shavers.
- Leonard's purse was $300,000, and Price's was $40,000.
- Leonard entered the fight ranked second by The Ring.
- William Nack of Sports Illustrated wrote: "Andy Price, a tough customer out of California . . . was supposed to give Leonard trouble. He never had the chance. Taking the fight to Price in the first round, Leonard mugged him in the middle of the ring, punched him into the ropes and toppled him there with eight seconds left in the round."
- "Andy Price said he was going to upset me," Leonard said after the fight. "The only upset was when he got off the canvas."