Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Pete Ranzany
1979-08-12 : Sugar Ray Leonard 147 lbs beat Pete Ranzany 147 lbs by TKO at 2:41 in round 4 of 12
- Location: Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Joey Curtis
- Judge: Art Lurie
- Judge: Harold Buck
- Judge: Hal Miller
- NABF Welterweight Title (sixth defense by Ranzany)
- Leonard was ranked second by the WBC, and Ranzany was ranked third.
- Leonard made $150,000, and Ranzany got $75,000.
- The fight took palce at the Caesars Palace Sports Pavilion before a capacity crowd of about 4,500.
- The fight was televised nationally by ABC's Wide World of Sports.
- The Associated Press reported: "Both fighters rarely left the center of the 18-foot ring until Leonard backed Ranzany to the ropes with a flashing series of jabs followed by a half-dozen devastating hooks that put Ranzany down."
Ranzany vs. Gray
| NABF Welterweight Title Fight
Leonard vs. Price