Sugar Ray Robinson vs. Jake LaMotta (3rd meeting)
1943-02-26 : Jake LaMotta 160¾ lbs lost to Sugar Ray Robinson 145 lbs by UD in round 10 of 10
- Location: Olympia Stadium, Detroit, Michigan, USA
- Referee: Sam Hennessey 49-51
- Judge: Frank Fisher 47-53
- Judge: Joe Lenahan 44-56
- Robinson was a 6 to 5 favorite.
- A crowd of 15,149 produced a gate of $60,710.
- Each fighter received $15,000.
- The Associated Press reported: "Sugar Ray's strategy was superb. From the opening bell he kept jabbing his famed lightning left into Jacob's face. When LaMotta rushed in to open a body attack, Sugar Ray stepped back and greeted him with a blistering right uppercut. This gave him a wide early lead."
- Robinson was floored in the seventh round for an eight-count. Robinson later said, "He really hurt me with a left in the seventh round. I was a little dazed and decided to stay on the deck."
- The referee gave Robinson five rounds, LaMotta three, and called two even. Neither judge gave LaMotta more than two rounds.