- Name: Sully Emmett
- Birthdate: ?/?/1899
- Death: 1/20/92
- Age: 92
- Height: 5 feet 7 inch.
- Weight: 120lbs.
- Hometown: Miami Beach, Florida
- Colorful trainer based out of Miami Beach, Florida.
- Trained or worked the corner of hundreds of fighters; mostly club-fighters.
- When asked about his boxing career, Emmett replied, " I retired undefeated."
- When asked about any fighter's boxing career, Emmett replied, " He retired undefeated."
- His rough personality supposedly hide a heart of gold.
- Worked out of the 5th Street Gym in Miami Beach.
- Trained and worked the corners of such greats as Muhammad Ali, Willie Pastrano, Luis Manuel Rodriguez, Jimmy Ellis, and Elisha Obed.
- Worked with the PAL Program on Miami Beach. Many of his fighters fought in the Golden Gloves and the Nationals.
- Was friends with such legends as Chris Dundee, Angelo Dundee, Moe Fleischer, Benjamin "Evil Eye" Finkle, and Raincoat Rabinotiwz.
- Had hopes that his "unoffically adopted son" Kenny Klingman would win the world middleweight title.
- Lived at the South Pointe Manor Nursing Home from 1987-1992.
- Sully Emmett died on Saturday evening, January 20, 1992 in his room at the South Pointe Manor Nursing Home, he was 92 years old.
- Miami Herald, January 21, 1992, Local Section, page 3B: SULLY EMMETT, 92, MIAMI BEACH BOXING TRAINER.
- Miami Herald, July 25, 1985, Neighbors Section, page 10: A SCHOOL OF HARD KNOCKS.
- Miami Herald, May 23, 1985, page 1E: THE INCOMPARABLE SULLY EMMETT.
- Miami Herald, May 17, 1984, page 19: PAL BOXERS HEADING FOR NATIONALS.
- Miami Herald, May 17, 1984, Neighbors MB, page 18: SHADOWBOXING POTENTIAL.