Sumbu Kalambay vs. Robbie Sims
1988-06-12 : Sumbu Kalambay 158¾ lbs beat Robbie Sims 159¼ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Palazzo Dello Sport, Ravenna, Emilia Romagna, Italy
- Referee: John Coyle
- Judge: Nicasio L. Drake 118-110
- Judge: Ove Ovesen 117-113
- Judge: Medardo Villalobos 119-113
- World Boxing Association Middleweight Championship (2nd defense by Kalambay)
- This was Kalambay's first defense of The Ring World Middleweight Championship. He was awarded the title after Thomas Hearns was knocked out by Iran Barkley on June 6, 1988. Hearns entered the fight with Barkley ranked #1 at middleweight by The Ring, and Kalambay, who had defeated Barkley the previous October, was ranked #2.
- Marvin Hagler, Sims' half-brother, was in attendance and announced his retirement from boxing after the fight.