Takefumi Sakata vs. Denkaosan Kaovichit (2nd meeting)
2008-12-31 : Denkaosan Kaovichit 111¾ lbs beat Takefumi Sakata 112 lbs by KO at 2:55 in round 2 of 12
- Location: Sun Plaza Hall, Hiroshima, Hiroshima, Japan
- Referee: Roberto Ramirez Sr.
- Judge: Rafael Ramos 10-9
- Judge: Derek Milham 10-9
- Judge: Wan Soo Yuh 10-9
- World Boxing Association Flyweight Championship (1st defense by Kaovichit)
- Sakata came in ranked the # 4 flyweight in the world, with Kaovichit being # 6, by Ring Magazine.
- Sakata down at 2:46 of Round 2 from a right hook. He began trying to get to his feet at the count of eight but was unable to beat the count of ten.