Takefumi Sakata vs. Roberto Vasquez (2nd meeting)
2007-07-01 : Takefumi Sakata 111¾ lbs beat Roberto Vasquez 112 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Ariake Colosseum, Tokyo, Japan
- Referee: Stanley Christodoulou
- Judge: Jean-Louis Legland 116-112
- Judge: Derek Milham 116-113
- Judge: Tom Miller 115-113
- World Boxing Association Flyweight Title (1st defense by Sakata)
- Weights: Vasquez 112, Sakata 111¾
- Sakata became the outright champion and avenged a split decision loss to Vasquez from eight months prior.
- Vasquez entered the fight as the interim champ as a result of the earlier victory over Sakata. That fight had been mandated due to the reigning champ, Lorenzo Parra, being unable to defend due to an injury. After that fight, however, Sakata was given the first opportunity to face Parra. Parra then forfeited the title at the scales, when he failed to make the weight. Sakata went on to win, when Parra quit due to shoulder pain, and became "champion", with the obligation of facing Vasquez.