Teddy Reid vs. Emanuel Augustus
2000-03-19 : Teddy Reid 138 lbs beat Emanuel Augustus 136 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Horseshoe Casino, Tunica, Mississippi, USA
- Referee: Elmo Adolph
- Judge: Bill Clancy 115-113
- Judge: Fred Steinwinder III 116-112
- Judge: David Taranto 115-113
- Augustus controlled the early action with the quicker hands, waiting for the slower Reid to commit, and then stepping inside with clean punches to the head and body. The larger Reid began to get busier as the fight wore on, landing hard punches of his own, and pushed Augustus back in spots. However, Augustus closed the final rounds by outworking his opponent. At the end of the action packed bout, both fighters earned a standing ovation from those in attendance.
- The decision was booed loudly by the crowd.
- Augustus fought under the name Emanuel Burton.