Name: Terry Marsh
Alias: Fighting Fireman
Birthplace: Stepney, London, United Kingdom
Hometown: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom
Height: 5′ 10″ / 178cm
Boxing Record: click
Manager: Frank Warren
Trainer: Ernie Fossey
- 1978 ABA lightweight champion
- 1980 ABA welterweight champion
- 1981 ABA welterweight champion
- Outpointed Vernon Vanriel over ten rounds to win the vacant British Southern Area light welterweight championship on April 26, 1984.
- Outpointed Clinton McKenzie over twelve rounds to win the British light welterweight championship on September 19, 1984.
- Stopped Alessandro Scapecchi in six rounds to win the vacant European light welterweight championship on October 24, 1985.
- Stopped Joe Manley in ten rounds to win the IBF junior welterweight championship on March 4, 1987.
- Successfully defended the IBF title with a seventh-round TKO of Akio Kameda on July 1, 1987.
- Signed a contract on September 13, 1987, to defend his title against Frankie Warren. The following day, Marsh announced that he was retiring due to epilepsy.
Frank Warren Shooting
Frank Warren, Marsh's ex-manager, was shot twice in the chest outside the Broadway Theatre in London on November 30, 1989. The shooter was wearing a coat with a hood, and he had a scarf or mask covering the lower part of his face. The gunman was tackled by a business associate of Warren's, but he broke free and fled. A bullet narrowly missed Warren's heart, but he was able to fully recover.
Marsh was charged with attempted murder and spent ten months in jail awaiting trial. He was found not guilty on November 7, 1990.
The prosecution had argued that a libel suit filed against Marsh by Warren was the motive for the shooting.
In January 1989, Marsh appeared on a British television show and said Warren had encouraged him to sign a contract to defend his title even though Warren knew he had been diagnosed as an epileptic. Warren denied the allegation and sued Marsh for libel. Warren lost the case on October 30, 1992.
- "Illness forces Marsh to quit" Glascow Herald, September 15, 1987
- "Warren loses libel action over interview" by Rachel Lorril, The Independent, October 31, 1992
- "The Mysterious Case of Undefeated Terry Marsh!" by Ken Hissner, Doghouse Boxing, August 18, 2010
| IBF Light Welterweight Champion
1987 Mar 4 – 1987 Dec
James (Buddy) McGirt